Saturday, June 26, 2010

ThinkPad X61 Tablet and Ubuntu Lucid Lynx | Karol Krizka

Since the Ubuntu Lucid Lynx was released, I've been fairly nervous about upgrading my laptop. It seems that with every update I've had to go through a long, arduous process of finding and reinstalling everything I once had. Especially getting the tablet to work correctly. However, thanks to this post by Karol Krizka, who has an identical laptop to mine, I didn't have to worry too much. He updated his system and tested that everything works out OK. He has even created an autorotate script for our x61 tablets that works wonderfully. I've discovered what seems to be a bug - the auto rotate only rotates into inverted and left modes, whoops! But you can click the manual buttons and that works fine, disabling the automatic rotation.

No comments: